View Single Post
Old 11-10-2009, 12:26 AM
juandg
Lurker

juandg is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Please post your hands on Reviews

The Moment rocks!!!! I went for the Samsung Moment and I'm loving it!!!

I've been playing with one of my co-worker's Hero for a few days and I was convinced that was the phone I wanted, but I went to a Sprint store on Friday and held the Moment and the Hero side by side and compared most features, and I liked the Moment a lot better than the Hero.

The screen is brighter and the colors look more vivid, my wife immediately noticed it without me even opening my mouth, IT IS BETTER, is a fact of nature no fan boy can deny (I know they will though).

Senese UI is better than vanilla Android no doubt about it but for me it reminded me a lot of TouchFLO 3D and being a frustrated Windows Mobile user that came running to Android I really don't want that painful memory on my phone. (I do realize they are separated things but hey!! I got issues)

Keyboard is important for me, the dust issue on the Hero's "gap" between the screen and the bottom panel is also a factor and finally there's a bit of barley noticeable speed difference but I'm sure it will disappear once you have installed apps and loaded contacts etc.

Two places where the Moment is faster: Boot up time and camera app the rest is barley unnoticeable.

After making my evaluation I made my purchasing decision and spent all night playing with the phone and I'm very, very satisfied. Is not for everyone and if you're more of an Iphone kind of guy I guess the hero is better.

I also expect vanilla Android phones (or Google Experience I should say) like the Moment and the Droid to get updates faster like the G1 that is already rocking 1.6