billyburly
Lurker

billyburly is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint Unlocker - RhodiumW WU Radio Unlocked for US Networks

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonex View Post
what is this? - this package unlocks your Sprint phone and will enable it to use a US SIM card on a US network in your device - if you flash a non-supported (non-patched) radio over a supported one (as below), you will lose the ability (a reflash will restore it easily of course).

if you have a Verizon or Telus model, you will not need this.

WU means Worldphone Unlocked, look out for the WU on all radio
firmwares to indicate whether it's been patched as unlocked or not! (WV = locked.)
this first radio version is 2.05.00WU and the second one is 1.96.00WU, for people who had issues with 2.05.

YOU MUST BE SECURITY UNLOCKED IN ORDER TO USE THIS!!!- if you are not Security unlocked, you will get a Flash Write Error.

DOWNLOAD BELOW:

1. 1.96.00WU (Sprint stock edited) -> this is the recommended version!!!
2. 2.05.00WU (USCC test edited)

again all the important notes to use this:
1. you must be security unlocked to flash this, see link above!!!!
2. the patch will not stay if you flash another radio but we'll release patched versions for other radios from time to time (for newest radios).
3. when you flashed the radio, you need to make sure to be in GSM mode (GSM SIM inserted of course ), and if automatic network selection doesn't work, use manual selection in phone/options to register on the network.
you say that i do not need this on a verizon phone. however the verizon radios are WV radios. does that mean that if i want to use a US SIM card i need this radio? or can i use a US SIM even though my radio is a WV radio. (i have my phone unlocked via verizon)