View Single Post
Old 11-09-2009, 05:53 PM
janko10
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

janko10 is keeping up the good workjanko10 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Are you having trouble staying in 3G (getting stuck in 1X), VZW TP2 folks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rp4643 View Post
This is the reply I received back from HTC regarding the stuck 1X problem, I have NO idea as to why he thought I was'nt getting Wi-fi? Anyhow, the responce is lame to say the least. Everything he mentions has been tried. Verizon is sending me a New Refurbed device today so Ill see what happens with it.

Thank you for contacting HTC Technical Assistance Center. I apologize for the length of time it took me to respond to your email. I understand how frustrating it is not being able to get complete 3G service and on your and not being able to access Wi-Fi from your device. I will be happy to address these problems on your Verizon Touch Pro2.

I have Verizon Touch Pro2 test device. I was unable to replicate the issue of being able to connect to Wi-Fi. I have tied using both Internet Explorer and Opera Browser. Based on the information you have provided not being able to access 3G on your device. Im was to find any information concerning this issue. I would suggest contacting Verizon and make sure there are no outages in your Service Area. Make sure Verizon has correctly setup your device. I would suggest removing any third party software that may be installed to your device. Go on your device to Start> Settings> All Settings> System> then you can choose remove programs and uninstalled the software on your device. If the following steps do not work to resolve your issue then the device will need to be reset back to factory settings. This operation will delete all data off your device back to factory settings. Make sure you have synchronized your device with your computer before continuing with this operation. Follow these instructions to reset your device, Start> Settings> All Settings> System> Clear Storage> Enter 1,2,3,4;Hit Yes. Your device will then go through the Automatic Customization. Make sure you follow all instructions to reset your device. Try out the device for the next couple of days and see if your device still has the same issue. Also for the Wi-Fi issue you are having on your device follow these instructions. What is the current Set encryption lvel on your router? Toggle the Encryption level to see if you are able to connect. Do you have Media Access Control ( MAC) Enabled on your router? If so disable MAC Filtering on your router to see if your device will connect. What is the Wi-Fi channel you are using on your Router? It is recommended to use 1,6, or 11 to connect with your router. What is the key configuration? Is it set at WEP, WEP with TKIP, and WPA with PSK, WPA or WPA2. WEP with TKIP are the recommended Key Configurations to use. Try disabling the Security and Encryption settings on your Router to see if your device connects. Also try connecting to another Wi-Fi router other than your home router.

Thank you for contacting HTC today I hope I have addressed all your needs and concerns today. If you need any further assistance please feel free to reply to my email. Check out www.htc.com for any information about your device. Be sure to check out our online customer satisfaction survey located at http://survey.htc.com/worldwide and www.htcwiki.com
God what a worthless response.