View Single Post
Old 11-09-2009, 12:37 PM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: THREEFACES' Walk-Through: Installing/Customizing the latest NRG ROM [2.5 Edition]

CUSTOMIZING THE LOOK OF SENSE – THE NEW SETTINGS TAB
So much new, so much new. There are some new options here in the Settings Tab that will help us customize 2.5 to our liking. Here’s a quick breakdown:

Personalize:
  • Home Tab Wallpaper – There are three options here. I was able to get two to work [I don’t have animated wallpapers to test with]. Weather wallpaper will trick out the home screen to match the current weather conditions…it’s very cool. Picture wallpaper will let you pick an image from your device and use it as the background [selecting this option set the image as the background for all tabs, FYI].
  • Lock screen wallpaper…guess what it does?
  • Home screen Tabs – allows you to set which tabs are displayed in Sense and in what order.
  • Font – allows for adjustment of the default text size
  • Vibration – turns on/off haptic feedback.
Wireless Controls – Communications Settings
Sound & Display – for selecting ringers and such.
Data Services – controls how data is managed for Weather [same settings accessed from the Weather Tab], Active Sync, and Stocks.
Accounts – Manages Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter login. Your Uploader is also found here for pic and video uploads.
Location – controls how the Location service collects locational data. For MyLocation, etc.
Security – sets encryption, phone lock settings, and you can hard reset the device from here.
Application – remove programs or view your installation history.
SD Card and Phone Storage – shows storage usage
Date & Time
Locale and Text – set how dates and such are displayed for your region/location. You can also adjust Text Input settings here [symbol lock, typing sounds, vibrate, spell correction, and T9].
Feedback – error reporting
Other – Control your keyboard sliding sound, AGPS settings, Long Press of End Key, Touch Options, and MS MyPhone all here. These are all also accessible through the START menu
About Phone – device information [battery, hardware versions, phone identity, etc.]

There’s also some new stuff in the START Menu!
START-TOOLS-Backup FavPeople Up! is a new utility cooked into the ROM that does exactly what its name suggests. You can use this utility to back up Favorite People and Custom Ringtones. I haven’t fully tested this yet and am not sure if it has any influence on the “ringer corruption issue”, but I wanted folks to know it’s included in the ROM.

SOME THEME CHANGES – TURNING UP THE AWESOME TO 11
Most, if not all, of the mods we were using for Manila 2.1 will not work on 2.5. If you find new mods that work for customizing 2.5, please PM me so we can add them to the Guide for others. Thanks!

Disable Manila/Sense – START-SETTINGS-TODAY, scroll to the Items Tab and deselect Sense 3D. Whenever you install any cab to make any change to Sense it should be disabled. NOTE: when you disable Sense you may get a warning that some functionality may be lost by disabling Sense...select "ok" and continue.

[OPTIONAL] 12 SHOTCUT ICONS ON HOME SCREEN HERE [thanks num5kull27] – this is a simple mod to add 12 shortcut icons to your home screen. This mod is “seated” properly on our screens and all of the shortcuts work [i.e., the bottom row isn’t cut off or anything]. NOTE: installing this will knock out the “Clock Array” mod [below] if you installed that previously. You can reinstall the Clock Array to get both working, but you may notice the shortcut icons then get stretched out and seem to overlap slightly. They will function, but do not look as clean.

[OPTIONAL] DUSK THEME CLOCK ARRAY [add a second analog clock like the Max Manila Mod] – install this cab. This mod is compatible with the white clock. NOTE: installing this will remove your default wallpaper. Simply use the wallpaper selector on the home screen to use the wallpaper of your choice and it will display on all pages - you can get the default wallpaper in the zip file below. Clicking the little button just below the task manager will cycle through different clock displays. This mod will also skew the look of the 12 shortcuts cab, if you previously installed that.

REASSIGNING THE SOFT KEYS in TouchFlo
- Touch Pro Tweek is cooked into this ROM. You can find it in START-TOOLS-TWEEKS-Touch Pro Tweek. I’ve used this application to successfully reassign the left soft key to Camera, but you can choose from a variety of programs and actions. [soft reset to apply changes]
NOTE: I have not had luck using Advanced Configuration to perform the key reassignment. Also, the SoftKey Manager program [START-TOOLS-Softkey Manager] will only reassign the soft keys in Titanium, not Sense.
NOTE: I also could not change the right softkey, as it is assigned to "Menu" which has important settings for Sense 2.5. You may be able to change this with reg edits.

MORE BACKGROUNDS FOR DUSK THEME – a zip file containing 8 backgrounds for use with the Dusk Theme.Unzip to your My Pictures folder. HERE.

[OPTIONAL] WHITE FLIP CLOCK –
this build comes with a dark flipper clock. It’s nice, but not my style entirely. To restore the white clock, install this cab from NRG HERE.

[OPTIONAL] TASKBAR ICONS - GadgetFreaks Round Taskbar and Notification Icons…awesome custom taskbar icons for 6.5! [requires soft reset] [I don’t have a direct link right now for this cab – Google it]
NOTE: changing the taskbar icons set my “waiting notification” [the cool bar thingy] back to the four colored dots. There’s no current way to use custom taskbar icons and retain the waiting notification.
[OPTIONAL] PERSONALIZER – Allows you to put a custom name in where the carrier name is usually displayed on the home screen. So you can change “Sprint” to say “All your ROM are belong to us”. Here’s the thread: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=21538

HERE'S MY DEVICE TO SHOW WHAT'S POSSIBLE WITH THE MODS LISTED

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen07.jpg (77.1 KB, 803 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg Screen08.jpg (69.2 KB, 20 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by ThreeFaces; 12-18-2009 at 09:53 AM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.