View Single Post
Old 11-07-2009, 11:00 PM
CovKid66
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] Juicy Rhodium_W R2 [SENSE UI][XDA_UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzicman82 View Post
A few more questions. I just spent an hour trying to search for answers.

Ok, why does Start -> Settings take you to the Sense UI Tab instead of the sub folder in the Start Menu?

This is fine, and it seems that almost all settings that used to be in the settings sub folder are on the tab somehow, but I can't find some control panels such as the "Long Key Press" & "Task Manager".

More specifically, I was looking for where I set the preference for the "X" in the upper right of programs to minimize programs instead of closing them.

Lastly, does anyone know of any programs, tricks, hacks to make the volume buttons be scroll buttons instead only in certain applications such as Opera? Or perhaps a way to quickly toggle the zoom slider to be scroll instead, and then back. I do have AE Button Plus and I think that might do what I want, but haven't gotten that far yet.
darren answered your question on how to find the 'all settings' option that will bring up your traditional personal/system/connections screen. You won't find "Long Key Press" though...it doesn't seem to be available lately. However, see below re: keyboard remapping.

The Task Manager is in the All Settings | System page, but a quicker way to access the HTC task manager settings, and how to minimize instead of close apps is to tap on the HTC task manager drop-down icon in the top RH corner from the home tab. When the pop-up dialog appears, tap the little wrench to access the task manager options screen.

Regarding your remapping of keys....there is a fantastic keyboard mapping tool, Rhodium Keyboard Controller. I've posted copied / pasted this next bit a few times lately, but what the heck...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CovKid66 View Post
In case you're interested, here are some shameless links to posts I've made about mapping different things with this app:

Post your Keyboard Config
remap the vol up and down to the up / down keys for everything but the phone
get the old "CTL+C/CTL+X/CTL+V" functions back

Last edited by CovKid66; 11-08-2009 at 12:10 AM.