Thread: Radio
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 09:08 PM
digi
Regular 'Geeker

digi is keeping up the good workdigi is keeping up the good workdigi is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilvOreo View Post
I upgraded from Radio 1.10 to 1.43 and haven't seen a noticeable gain: Still getting 1-2 bars of 1x at home - neighborhood is a known cellular deadspot but VZW hasn't done anything about it.

However, I have noticed that sometimes after a voice call the data connection won't reestablish: Browser won't connect to anything and Activesync won't connect to exchange server no matter how many times or for how long I try either. After an hour of voice connections but no data, I sent myself a text message and then the Activesync would reconnect when I forced it. This happens fairly regularly over the last two weeks since I upgraded. It happens at home, at work, and on the road. I know voice calls are always 1x, and the phone usually goes back into EV-DO after the call, but sometimes I have to just reset the phone to get the data connection back on.

Has anyone had this experience with the newer radio? Could it be a WM6 problem (I installed that at the same time so I can't tell which is the cause)? Could it be a tower switching problem with either the radio or WM6? I do have the latest PRL.
I'm having similar problems since upgrading, except mine seems to be sending calls to voicemail when I'm using a data connection, and when it does ring, the phone freezes for a short time if I try to answer it. Then after it unfreezes, I cant call out or connect data again because it tells me to end the current phone call, even though I'm not in a call because the phone froze while answering.

I actually just made another thread about this problem, I didn't see this thread when I searched the first time. I upgraded from 1.1 and I had high hopes considering all the good things I had heard about the radio upgrades. But really I wish I would have stayed with 1.1