View Single Post
Old 11-07-2009, 04:56 PM
wosiek
PPCGeeks Regular

wosiek is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) |Nov5| Manila 2.1 and 2.5

I must say there is a *drastic* improvement in functionality and overall performance of the 21864 build with Manila 2.5 (Sense) compared to 23081. I mean . . . it's huge! I decided to give the Nov 5th 21864 revision a go, just to see what if there were any differences/what they were, etc.

The first notable improvement - SMS. SMS thru HTC Messaging in 23081 was buggy @ best - I haven't had any issues with it in 21864 so far. I did run the Arcsoft removal cab and reinstalled JD's Arcsoft before I restored copies of saved messages, so I don't know if that has any bearing or not. Additionally, new texts received while in HTC Messaging show up instantly as opposed to having to go back to All Messages and reloading the conversation. Still testing, but the results are staggering to this point.

Second, Sense seems to behave in a much more controlled fashion in 21864. What do I mean by controlled? I mean the fluidity of the UI is more consistent. The jerks and random quirks and glitches I encountered in 23081 are not apparent.

Third, My Location and Weather do not seem to have any issues in updating appropriately. I have the Weather tab set to update every 15 minutes, and so far that feature seems to be working as it should.

In short, I am very pleased with my decision to revert to 21864 as it has restored the lost functionality and dependency experienced with the bug-laden and issue-prone 23081. Many thanks, NRG, for releasing this revision.