georgech
Lurker

georgech is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Iphone Earphone on Touch Pro 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluetiger20 View Post
Well I have the iPhone headphones + mic combo, and while the headphones work just fine, no one can hear me on the other end via the mic.

I have the Verizon version... so maybe its just sprint that allows the mic to work?
Definitely not the case, at least for my VZW TP2. Here is the mic/earpiece behavior with different headsets and headphone types:

1a) Standard stereo headphones with a three connector 3.5mm jack - phone and system audio output to the headphones. Phone call audio goes to both left and right channels of the headphones. The built-in microphones on the TP2 remain enabled and noise cancellation works really well. Effectively, for phone calls you get dual-mono headset functionality with any pair of headphones as long as the TP2 is fairly close to your mouth. (System audio obviously remains stereo when it is played back in stereo)

1b) Using the above set up, but substituting AUX input of my car stereo for the headphones I was able to create a makeshift car speaker phone. The volume on my car stereo controlled the "speakerphone", and the TP2 had no problems filtering out the amplified sound coming from the car speakers. I was able to carry on a conversation in the car while driving, but I do have the TP2 mounted on a cradle by the steering wheel.

2) Standard mono earphone with a two connector 3.5 mm jack - phone and system audio output to the earphone. The built-in microphones on the TP2 remain enabled and noise cancellation works really well. Mono headset functionality with any earphone as long as the TP2 is fairly close to your mouth.

3) Four conductor headset type headphones - I specifically tried a pair that ships with the iPhone 3G. Both the earpieces and microphone on the headset work. The hang-up/answer button works as well. The built in microphones on the TP2 are disabled while these are plugged in.

George
This post has been thanked 1 times.