View Single Post
Old 11-04-2009, 05:07 PM
erkme73
PPCGeeks Regular

erkme73 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |CR|6.5.1|ROM|WWE| ★ EnergyROM "Leo" (23081/21864) ★ |Oct 25| ★ Latest Manila 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by erkme73 View Post
Is the initial external speaker volume (first second or so) controlled by the ROM or the hardware? Seems when I first turn on the speaker phone, when the phone first rings, or any sound starts from the speaker, it gradually gets up to full volume.

Given the inflexible and ungodly short 23 seconds to voicemail on Sprint, I'd like the first peep out of the speaker to be full blast... It already doesn't ring long enough before I miss the call.
BTW, I flashed NRG right out of the box - never even started the stock ROM. So I have no comparison. Can anyone else confirm the ramping up of the speaker volume over the first 1-2 seconds with any other ROM? I'd hate to go through the effort of flashing something else only to find out it's some hearing protection scheme in the hardware.

I just noticed that if the 'click when taping on the screen' is turned on, the first click is muted, the next are loud. If I pause about 5 seconds, and click again, it's muted again. It's almost like the speaker goes into a 'dim' mode.

Last edited by erkme73; 11-04-2009 at 05:11 PM.