Old 11-04-2009, 03:12 PM
chaphal3
Lurker

chaphal3 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Titan Keyboard issues

I have mostly resolved my keyboard problems thanks to the internet:

1. Key repeats were fixed using the Titan_Keyfix Cab - I don't know exactly how this works, but there are also two registry settings related to you keyboard that could help - one for key repeat and one for input delay.

Edit - I didn't mean to take credit for the cab, I just kind find who the creator is.

2. Hard Key Presses - IME this means you keyboard is dirty. with the titan the keyboard is glued on with a tacky material. What I did follows: (be careful and I can't guarantee you won't damage your device)

Use something plastic to peel up the keyboard (be careful to only get the black and clear layer, not the goldish orange layer). You'll see a bunch of concentric contacts on the phone and corresponding cups (buttons) on the layer you peeled off. Scrape off any dirt you see on the contacts and under the buttons, wipe with alcohol, do whatever you think will work to clean those contcts off. The tacky glue tends to stretch out and either stick to the buttons or clump up; in either case you need to spread it out between the buttons and smooth it so it's relatively flat, otherwise it will add excessive distance between the button and the contact. Once all the buttons are clean, take the layer you peeled off and stick it back on the phone (the tacky adhesive should still be present).

Disclaimer - My keyboard backlight currently does not work, and while I doubt it is because of the above, the problem occurred around the same time, so it's possible.

Last edited by chaphal3; 11-04-2009 at 03:16 PM.