View Single Post
Old 11-04-2009, 11:45 AM
darnell
Halfway to VIP Status

darnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) |Nov5| Manila 2.1 and 2.5

I gave the 21864 version of the Nov 4 build a quick flash and played with it a bit.

It looks incredible! It's a sunny day here in Chattanooga and seeing the rays of sunshine take over the home screen was like, whooooaaaa....

I had absolutely no problem loading and using Garmin Mobile XT.

No doubt, I'm getting a Leo/HD2 once it hits the US after seeing this.

I noticed the pagepool is set to just 20MB. Things seemed a little slow at times and the prior ROM release had a 22MB pagepool. So this latest ROM would probably do better with the pagepool bumped up to 22 like the earlier (10/22) 21864 ROM.

I'm going back to the 10/22 ROM though. Although I really LIKE the latest ROM, Manila 2.5 does not do landscape. With the Leo/HD 2, not having landscape Manila is not such a big deal, given that device has no physical keyboard. But with my Touch Pro, I've got it in landscape in my car all the time using the physical keyboard.

Unless I get over the lack of landscape in Manila 2.5, I may have to ride the 10/22 build till Sprint has a Leo/HD 2. For now, I'm going to ride with the 10/22 build.

Love the work continually being done with EnergyROMs for VGA devices. I'm sad I may not be flashing more. I'll still be sending the chef a little something, just for providing this Manila 2.5 ROM for me to peek at.