View Single Post
Old 11-03-2009, 02:28 PM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) ** | Oct 25th | Manila 2.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreyharris2008 View Post
I got tired of manually putting in all the mms setting every rom change so of course i used ryans cab that installs everything for you, even if arcsoft is not installed regardless of which version of arcsoft i use the picture message never reaches my phone, even when there's no picmail app installed to open it. the only update that works with no major problems is the oct15 one! every other rom i used it worked fine, juicy, mighty, etc. im thinking maybe its my radio and if i update my radio will that help? which radio are u using and will it erase what metro did to flash my phone their network? this is by far the best rom ive ever used please help me resolve this
...I would recommend not using "Ryan's cab", and manually configuring MMS. Run the Arcsoft removal cab, soft reset, install your carrier cab or whatever you need to do to get MMS rocking on Metro PCS, soft reset, then install Arcsoft and configure the server settings manually.

I may not have those steps exactly right for Metro PCS, I'm googling for validation now. The recommendation is don't use the cab that automates the config if it's not working.

Someone with Metro PCS could chime in here.