View Single Post
Old 11-03-2009, 02:22 PM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) ** | Oct 25th | Manila 2.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farnz View Post
Yep, tried all of that. Like I said, this happened back in June with an older version of this Rom so I think there is a setting somewhere preventing the GPS from being at full power within the local area. Outside of my local area, everything works fine.
...take a walk with me [this is a wild guess]. Lets press the phone hard key to get into the dialer. Hit the Menu key and select "Options". Move to the "Services" tab. Get settings for "Network Service".

...is it set to Standard? Home Only or Roaming Only? [mine is set to Standard, which I think is what we want].

Next try checking Mode of Operation to see if it's set to "Hybrid"...this toggles EVDO.

Really those are just guesses. My experience traveling around with GPS is that functionality differed greatly in different parts of the country. It is possible that your GPS issues are location dependent somehow...but that wouldn't add up if everything was fine when you went to the stock ROM.

If I come across anything, I'll pass it along.