View Single Post
Old 11-03-2009, 10:25 AM
touch_rules
Regular 'Geeker

touch_rules is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartouch_rules is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartouch_rules is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: RhodiumW CDMA Worldphone HardSPL Unlocker Release

Quote:
Originally Posted by bone625 View Post
Thanks for the hard work, can't wait to use it. Unfortunately I'm having issues too. I've read and reread the faq and instructions and followed everything step by step (including the updates and using the manual setup with the .exe) and I can't get it to work. Here's what happens using the newest build(tested on both 32/64 bit Vista and 64 bit 7 on a ton of different USB ports/cables):

I sync everything up and start HardSPL with admin rights. If I try the automatic flash, the RUU starts up and the phone goes to the black screen mode but it loses activesync connection (and the overall connection with my computer) instantly. I can reset it and start the process over, or do the manual flash, but after I start the actual update, the phone goes black and the progress bar goes to 100%. It says it completes fine, and it resets the phone, but when it's back on nothing was actually flashed, it's still stock. Hmph Any other ideas?

edit: Also, don't know if this has any relevance, but when the phone disappears from the computer sync, the computer installs new drivers for the HTC USB Sync, but that's all it finds unless I reset it.
1. The phone will disappear from the computer sync and you have to wait until it coompletly installs the new drivers to proceed. You will never actually see an activesync connection.

2. You will not see anything special when you are done unless you enter the bootloader. It does not wipe out your current rom or settings.

This is from post # 1

Quote:
11) to confirm you got it installed, go into bootloader mode (tricolour screen!) and verify the screen shows 1.00.OliNex, which is the current Hard-SPL version.

More Notes:
NOTE 1: you will not see the SPL version during normal boot, that is the OS version, not SPL!
to enter SPL to check version, you need the following key combination: Power Button + Volume Down + Reset Button. means, do a soft reset while holding the "volume down" key and power key on the side of the device. hold these keys until you see a special tricolour screen which is the bootloader mode.
This post has been thanked 1 times.