View Single Post
Old 11-03-2009, 02:19 AM
iknowsquat
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) ** | Oct 25th | Manila 2.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by blockhead428 View Post
I told myself I wasn't going to flash another EnergyRom until 2.5 came out for VGA. This is the best news I've seen in a while! Thanks for bringing it to the thread's attention. I'm just not sure how I feel about these new builds that have the start menu at the bottom and no task manager thing at the top. I could use raphkbconfig to access task manager tho if I really needed to. How does the bottom start menu work out for those of you running the newest build?
Works great. Honestly, I didnt see what the big deal was until I tested it out. The build is MUCH more finger friendly overall. Showcase has replaced the traditional task manager. The controls (closing programs, opening Showcase, etc) are along the top. Ironically these are not that finger friendly as they are small but I got used to it pretty quickly. The old task manager is still there, accessed via a long press of the Send key. It is just a list of running programs though in this version.
I 'bout fainted when I saw the tweet. I am trying to remain calm as there's still testing to be done....but fingers. toes, and whatever else I can manage are crossed.