View Single Post
Old 11-02-2009, 11:54 PM
ace10134
Regular 'Geeker

ace10134 is halfway to VIP status based on repace10134 is halfway to VIP status based on repace10134 is halfway to VIP status based on repace10134 is halfway to VIP status based on repace10134 is halfway to VIP status based on repace10134 is halfway to VIP status based on repace10134 is halfway to VIP status based on repace10134 is halfway to VIP status based on repace10134 is halfway to VIP status based on repace10134 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |CR|6.5.1|ROM|WWE| ★ EnergyROM "Leo" (23081/21864) ★ |Oct 25| ★ Latest Manila 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwcj63 View Post
i know. i also posted a work around in the thread. but in the new posting, it doesn't mention that it's a work around. i have copy and posted the following. all i need to know if a real fix has been found or if this will actaully force you to use the work around?

Summary

If you have one of the custom Manila 2.5 ROM's on your Touch Pro 2, then you'll need this! Currently, you cannot send MMS messages while on Manila 2.5, but now you can! This is confirmed to work on the EnergyROM and on the T-Mobile network. Hopefully the AT&T network will work too.

Features

Enjoy the revolutionary MMS client included in Manila 2.5!
Send and recieve pictures up to 1024 KB

DOWNLOADS

T-Mobile: DOWNLOAD
AT&T: DOWNLOAD
Verizon: DOWNLOAD
Sprint: DOWNLOAD
Other Networks: DOWNLOAD
This one is for other networks, and you will have to configure it yourself
After installing, go to the Messaging tab within Manila, and click All Messages
Then click Menu -> Settings -> Options
Then click Menu -> MMS Server
Click on SampleMMSC, and enter your MMS settings based on provider
Then your MMS should be working!
Well I was hoping that the true fix (the one you copied there) would work, but we had trouble getting it to work. We came close here, but we realized that Manila 2.5's SMS client is too slow to function well, in the latest releases, so we just gave up.

Do the "fix" from the FAQ, and disable the Manila Messaging. I mean, heck, after you get 10 text messages, the whole system crawls to a slow. HTC really needs to fix that, and until they do, it's a win-win to simply disable it. So, just follow the "workaround" from the FAQ, and that is the best we can do now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by donebrasko View Post
Does anyone know if TellMe will be on here? If it isnt where can i find it?
It's on the forums somewhere. Remember, you'll need to install Microsoft Voice Command too, to get it to work.
This post has been thanked 1 times.