View Single Post
Old 11-02-2009, 02:14 PM
CovKid66
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] Juicy Rhodium_W R1 [SENSE UI][XDA_UC]

I'm a little late to the table...been away for a couple of days since flashing R1...

I'm for 2.5 and not 2.1. Personally I dropped 2.1 in favour of SPB MobileShell, but can honestly say I could stick with 2.5 because of the extra features now.

In terms of questions or issues with R1. Absolutely nothing major for me (I don't use MMS, and regarding my earlier memory drain post, when I realized my memory dropped to about 40MB free and stayed that way I knew it wasn't a leak, and then recalled the resproxy comment MM posted somewhere else quite sometime ago).

Couple of notes more than anything else...

The Calls icon in Start Menu opens with a single icon "SIM Manager". Nothing else. Is it intended for GSM users or am I missing something?

In 6.1, tapping the bluetooth option in the Comm Manager (to the left of the actual on/off switch for BT) would launch the windows/BTManager. Now it opens a screen where you can manage headsets only. To access all of the BT functionality you have to go to Settings | All Settings | Bluetooth. I realize this is not a bug, just something that has changed in 6.5 I guess. I've added it as a program shortcut on the home page because I use it so often for transferring files and initiating ActiveSync.

Settings | Updates & feedback | Customer feedback...does nothing, but that's a good thing

This is the first TP2 ROM I flashed, and the only one I've flashed so far. It's fast, stable, clean, and sexy damn it! If I had the time or the inclination I'd perhaps try some of the others, but I knew starting here would be the best of both worlds...cutting edge, yet reliable! Thanks Juicy.