View Single Post
Old 11-01-2009, 08:34 PM
cmonex
VIP Member

cmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: RhodiumW/Sprint/Verizon/Telus Touch Pro 2 CID/Security/SIM Unlocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nootrak4 View Post
Here is what I’m looking for.
I want to be able to use my Sprint TP2 on ATT/Tmobile networks (US GSM carriers). After reading all the post here I get the feeling this is what I’m looking for, but still unclear if I have to prep my phone prior to going with this. It seems like I need to do something else before I can purchase this. I just want to make sure this will due what I’m looking for and that I will not have any problems ones the new sprint 6.5 upgrade comes out.

If you can answer this QUESTING CMONEX or anyone else that has knowledge regarding this matter.

Question
1. Is this pretty straight forward to install and will it allow me to use US GSM Sim with no problem?

I don't anticipate installing any custom Rom as I use my phone for business, but on the other hand I do plan on upgrading my TP2 once sprint releases the update to 6.5 with that said here come question two

2. If I do purchase this and the answer to question 1 is yes, will it continue to work even after I upgrade to 6.5 (stock Sprint ROM)?

3. What happens in the event I lose/break my phone or my computer crash and I have to restore it, does this mean I would have to repurchase this unlocked every time? I don’t want to be in the same situation as Newone757 as I would be very pissed specially if I’m not warned upfront.

Sorry for he question that my sound stupid to some but I just want every clear and on the table. Im very sure there are many people in this form that would like to have this question answered in plain English with out all the HSPL/CID Unlock security unlock and all this things that leaves the average joe like me in lala land.

1. I would say straightforward enough (1. get this unlocker and use it 2. get patched sprint radio and flash it). and you'll definitely have no problem with GSM SIM cards at the end of the process.
2. if you flash the ROM as is (as it comes out from Sprint), then the radio will be overwritten with a non patched one - but the solution is as simple as reflashing the patched radio, which takes 5 mins.
3. no need to re-purchase as long as the phone is the same (i.e. the way we identify it, and that will always stay the same through any hard reset or computer crash). if you lose your phone, then send us info (via email or support form on our site) on the replacement. i.e. as long as you have proof you got it replaced due to such problems (phone broken or lost), you'll get another unlocker free of charge

+1 what did you read that gave you the impression you need to do something before getting the unlocker (the one this thread is about)? thanks for letting me know

Other devices: Shift, Kaiser, Diamond (GSM version), Universals (Qtek 9000, Vodafone VPA IV) + non HTC ones.

Donations To cmonex
This post has been thanked 1 times.