View Single Post
Old 11-01-2009, 08:26 PM
cmonex
VIP Member

cmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: RhodiumW/Sprint/Verizon/Telus Touch Pro 2 CID/Security/SIM Unlocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by newone757 View Post
i have to chime in and give my 2 cents here

this licensing proccess was set up very poorly. Im out of town where internet access is harder than usual so i paid for and downloaded it from my phon browser. Made somebody get off the computer at my moms house so i could "unlock my phone real quick" just to be denied because im using it on a different computer than i bought it on. wow.
I have 2 problems with your post:

1. you posted here with full conclusions before trying to sort it with us (by this I also mean waiting for reply & solution suggestions from us)
2. you made theories about how the licensing works then you assumed this is how it works in reality. the problem is definitely not that you used it on another computer than the one you downloaded it from. the lic system doesn't work like that so don't worry. the problem is either the internet connection or something else. anyway, we'll get this sorted, will reply to your PM on XDA soon.

oh, and sorry for any inconvenience - we do try to make the process as transparent as possible, but I guess it is inevitable to have some issues sometimes... computers and software is like that (just simply too many factors to take care of in a single program).

Other devices: Shift, Kaiser, Diamond (GSM version), Universals (Qtek 9000, Vodafone VPA IV) + non HTC ones.

Donations To cmonex
This post has been thanked 2 times.