Othelious
N00b

Othelious is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint Unlocker - RhodiumW WU Radio Unlocked for US Networks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukemp3 View Post
It works great with my att sim, but i dont know how do configure the data to work
I went through the learning curve for this when I was in hongkong with my phone... You just have to go into the data settings for the gsm network, kind of similar to setting up the connection to dial the #777 for cdma, but much easier on GSM..

You just need one very important piece of information to get data to work, you need to know what AT&T uses for their access point name ( APN ) and put it into your data settings under GSM networks, it will have a single line that you put it into. A quick search on the internet shows that it should be public, or proxy depending on your connection plan, if its PDA for data it should be public.. if its just data, it could be either public or proxy. Here is a link to their page that tells you what the name is.

https://www.wireless.att.com/support.../KB/KB517.html

and to get into the settings to put this information in you need to go to the settings tab and click on the comm manager and click on the text area of your data connetion if you have the newer UI's and it will give you a setup wizard. just select at&t, if you don't have that, you need to go into all settings from the soft key on this screen, go into connections, select connections again, if you just have sprint here you need to add a new modem connection, select new, give it a name of AT&T, select the drop down and make sure you pick the GSM version of the connection, click next, then put the proper name into the APN slot, public or proxy, then finish.. you should now be able to use data on your AT&T sim as long as you have a dataplan setup.

hope this helps..
This post has been thanked 4 times.