View Single Post
Old 11-01-2009, 10:19 AM
PoisonEye
Lurker

PoisonEye is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: RhodiumW CDMA Worldphone HardSPL Unlocker Release

Is anyone having trouble connecting to http://rhodiumw.htc-unlocks.com/? I get a "cannot display the webpage". It isn't a DNS issue, since ping resolves the IP, but can't successfully ping the site. I'm using Comcast as an ISP. I'll try using phone as modem to get there and report back.

EDIT: OK, through Sprint mobile broadband I can get to the website. However, I can't extract the zip file, like the poster above.

EDIT EDIT: Thanks, flushdns appears to have worked on my XP laptop. Problem is that the XP laptop can't extract the zip file. I'm going to try this on my Vista laptop (which can extract the zip). That one couldn't unlock though, because it couldn't be connected to Sprint Mobile Broadband and ActiveSync at the same time. If flushdns works on that one, I should be golden.

EDIT EDIT EDIT: flushdns didn't work for my other machine. The XP laptop must have been using a cached version of the page. Not sure why Comcast can't connect but Sprint can.

EDIT4: OK, not sure how or why, but it worked! Server must have come back up combined with flushdns working when I thought it didn't. I am so going to flash the crap out of this phone!

Last edited by PoisonEye; 11-01-2009 at 11:29 AM.