View Single Post
Old 10-31-2009, 11:16 PM
ace10134
Regular 'Geeker

ace10134 is halfway to VIP status based on repace10134 is halfway to VIP status based on repace10134 is halfway to VIP status based on repace10134 is halfway to VIP status based on repace10134 is halfway to VIP status based on repace10134 is halfway to VIP status based on repace10134 is halfway to VIP status based on repace10134 is halfway to VIP status based on repace10134 is halfway to VIP status based on repace10134 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |CR|6.5.1|ROM|WWE| ★ EnergyROM "Leo" (23081/21864) ★ |Oct 25| ★ Latest Manila 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman View Post
Maybe it is an old wives tale, lol, but it is something I live by. I have heard a lot of stories where people flash ROM to ROM before going back to stock first and then see issues with there device that others do not see. When they say they didn't flash to stock first, that it always everyone's suggestion to try and fix the problem. A lot of times after they do that there issues that others (who flashed to stock first) are not seeing goes away........

I would rather take the time up front then run into something later on and have to go through the whole process to fix it.....

Ace, kind of surprised you don't believe in this and one of the few people that I have heard say it is unecessary.........So you do not think it has any advantage and can avoid a problem later on?
When you go through the flashing proccess, you ARE doing a Hard Reset, but the underlying core of the OS is being replaced, just before the Hard Reset is performed. Therefore, there's no need for a hard reset after flashing.

Also, there wouldn't be a difference from coming stock or from the custom, since the underlying files are completely replaced before the flash, or "hard reset".

NRG also agrees that it's not necessary to hard reset or flash from stock.

And usually, if you tell someone to Hard Reset, they'll just go away, maybe do it, and then forget their issue, or not bother to post again. I can tell someone to go on an elaborate search for a fix, and then they may never post again, BUT, was the issue really solved? We don't know. They probably just gave up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidetkin511 View Post
a few questions about the updated rom...
1) when will it be released
2)will mms be fixed
3)will it be wm 6.5.1

thanks
1) Tonight, according to NRG
2) Probably not, but it might be, depending on how "Hard Core" he cooks tonight
3) Idk, he said he was gonna discontinue the WM6.5.1 builds, but we'll see what happens.
This post has been thanked 1 times.