View Single Post
Old 10-31-2009, 05:12 PM
Ludacrisvp
PPCGeeks Regular

Ludacrisvp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLudacrisvp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLudacrisvp is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: RhodiumW CDMA Worldphone HardSPL Unlocker Release

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravic View Post
After the HSL unlocking my dedicated graphics card in my desktop is TOAST.
I somehow cannot boot to it anymore.
My phone did get unlocked properly though. After the reboot the computer cannot detect the dedicated graphics card (ATI 4350) and i boots to the onboard graphics card.
I will try to swap this card into another desktop and see if it works there.
Not sure why this would cause that or how it is even related. I thought it would be unrelated until i saw an earlier post about a macbook graphics issue.
I am not too worried about my card but this might be critical for some on a laptop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
were you running the OS in any type of virtual environment? what OS were you using?
Quote:
you mean that you could turn off your computer and turn it back on and the screen would remain black and never show the bios post or windows booting or anything? and the unlocker instantly caused this? and you have a windows pc (not a mac)? what OS?
Quote:
Exactly as you described. Yes it is a windows PC. The computer continued to function after the unlock. Once i rebooted i see blank screen. But i noticed the disk activity is going. So flipped the monitor to onboard graphics card and sure it is back on onboard graphics. And after several reboots and CMOS reset the motherboard does not detect the pci-e graphics card and behaves as if one is not there.
I will try to install another PCI-E graphics card in this desktop later today to confirm that the it works. Also, i will try to use the broken graphics card in another computer.
I am not sure how the unlocker could cause this, since it is really only looking at the usb device.
Quote:
Got it fixed. Completely disconnecting power from the computer by removing the power cable (Keeping that way for 30 sec) and removing the card and reinstalling it fixed the issue.
It was Windows 7 32 bit and native OS (not virtual)
Quote:
wow...that's great you got it fixed. hopefully the team is aware of this problem and can fix it.
As the person that has the Mac Pro and I did send them an email about it and here is what they said to me about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OliPro
it can't flash your graphics card, it's a physical impossibility, the two devices don't even has the same driver layer or PID.
However, we don't support or even recommend flashing from inside virtual machines.
I clearly informed them that I wasn't using any form of a virtual machine in my original message to him, I did send another reply back with no response.
They clearly don't see any issue because it is 'impossible.'

However I do hope that with more than one person with an issue graphics card related they will look into it.