View Single Post
Old 10-31-2009, 04:13 AM
Ludacrisvp
PPCGeeks Regular

Ludacrisvp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLudacrisvp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLudacrisvp is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/5.0.15655/812; U; en) Presto/2.2.0)

Running windows vista 64 on a Mac using bootcamp is NOT using any form of virtual OS. The OS is being natively booted on the Mac hardware.
Its hardware is just like a windows based pc and that's why windows works on it and why Mac OS works on a windows based machine too.
It has 10gb of DDR2 fb-dimm ecc. 2 quad core Intel xeon 2.8GHz processors. Nvidia 8800gt pcie graphics card. All of which runs in native 64
Bit mode in windows or OSX or Linux. Mac has used the same hardware as windows since 2006.
The machine is a windows machine when in windows and Mac when in Mac. So when you ask why use a Mac? I say why not? I have never had any issue
With any windows software while running windows. Bootcamp is really just a program that allows you to easily add a second partition to your hard drive
It has no effect on the os.