View Single Post
Old 10-30-2009, 06:32 PM
bigchico67
Regular 'Geeker

bigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to bigchico67
Re: Sprint employee stated TP2 is getting WinMo7 (assumed to be false)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenokira View Post
I want to start out with this: Don't get your hopes up...the stuff below is just a write up of my experience at the Sprint Store today, that's all.

Short version Sprint employee that helped me today said TP2 would be getting WinMo7. I assume he either 1. Didn't know what he was talking about or 2. Got it confused with 6.5. Either way, pretty sure what he told me is incorrect.

Long version Earlier today I stopped in the Sprint Store today to swap out my girlfriend's BB Tour for a failing trackball (apparently they can't swap the part out anymore, they have to replace the whole phone for this model). Anyway, while waiting for the BB's to be swapped, I decided to ask if the employee that was helping me if he knew if/when a WinMo 6.5 ROM would drop for the TP2, I didn't really expect much of an answer, but thought I'd ask anyway.

His response was interesting--he said, "6.5? The next update you'll get is for Windows Mobile 7." I figured he didn't know what he was talking about, I just dropped it. As I recall, the chipset of this device doesn't even meet the minimum requirements for WinMo 7 that leaked a little while back. Anyway, the refurbed BB Tour works great :P

Just thought I'd report my story to you fine folks.
Just to put this to an end really quick, I am a tech for sprint, just recently went to training with microsoft WM devision and HTC. The TP 2 is not getting WM 7 as WM 7 will not be out for quite sometime. The TP 2 does not even meet all the requirements that it takes to be eligible for WM 7.