View Single Post
Old 10-30-2009, 01:24 PM
TheBundo
VIP Member

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Screen does not respond!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchcricket View Post
TheBundo,
Could you explain in detail on how to do a "Restore"? Is there a program/cab for doing that?
I use SPB Backup, some use Sprite. There seems to be a slight consensus in other threads that SPB Backup is currently working (flawlessly) better on the TP2. You can get it here:

http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/products/backup/?en

They also have a trial version. SPB Backup and Sprite offer many things beyond what any free program (so far) offers, including backing up of all system data. Basically, a Restore makes your phone EXACTLY, in all ways, the way it was at the point it was at backed up. Hence, I not only do nightly automatic backups (takes 1 minute to set it all up when you install it), and check the box for a soft-reset after backup, but I also manually do backups before installing software. If I'm trying out tons of little cabs (and registry hacks) some night, I might do a backup after ever 5 installs/hacks, and name them sequentially. SPB Backup names the backups with the date, so I just add a "b", "c", etc., at the end of the file name if doing several backups in one busy night of hacking on the phone.

I have had several pieces of software mess things up, and this makes it very easy to unwind. You can selectively Restore things too, for instance, just the system data, which leaves your call logs, email, etc., intact, but gets the registry back to where it was.

I pay for very few pieces of software for these phones, BUT good backup software is critical, IMO. a HUGE number of posts and threads wouldn't have to be made and time wasted if everyone practiced good "backup health", not to mention the lost time and frustration suffered by those who lose their data, setup, etc.
This post has been thanked 2 times.