View Single Post
Old 10-30-2009, 06:07 AM
lefty11
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

lefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Unlocker finally releasing

wow, looks like there is just no keeping this thing on the tracks. A simple poll has turned into a launch pad for everyones entire two cents. I was hoping to avoid all that by doing a poll but that just goes to show I guess how many people really seem to care one way or another about this pending release. I think we as a community here have grown a bit spoiled at times yet we are also used to a certain "standard" and maybe that is also partially why so many people are so anxious. Regardless of whether or not something is given away, sold, bought, paid for..... there is always going to be some expectation (especially if you are used to a standard) . Some expectation is reasonable and when someone announces the release of something and it doesn't happen ...then some people should also be expecting there will be some talk about it. Of course we can all wait for the releases, we really have no choice now do we? Not if we want to use the unlockers. I see this as a call to everyone here to explore diving deeper into the development phases so we are not so dependent upon one faction for what appears to be such a critically anticipated item. I know not everyone is that gifted.
Can we all be ROM developers, Kitchen builders, chefs, hacks ? No but we can be good at whatever we do also. We can be a community , and a community takes all types to function. If some stays here long enough there is going to be something they contribute, Even if it is feedback. Feedback is critical in successful deployment of software, etc.
I know it sounds wishy washy but I hope this community rallies around its members in a positive way and we an all help each other out. We do not need every one coming to forums and trying to one up the other with all the "witty" yet antagonistic banter that has been going on in these threads lately. It's seems like people get their jollies by being a regular poster with nothing to offer except their opinion on how u should be thankful and never question things......or complaining about people complaining.....

One post like that is usually enough . I will make a request to have this thread closed now. The poll results were clear yet many of the people chiming in seem to disagree . I think there may be a silent majority out there that is not heard,That was one of the reasons for the poll. Thanks for taking the time to participate.
This post has been thanked 1 times.