View Single Post
Old 10-30-2009, 04:10 AM
swollenostrich
Lurker

swollenostrich is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Titan Keyboard issues

I just returned from my local Sprint store today with a replacement for a Mogul with the keyboard issues. That phone was a replacement for the original one I purchased a few years back that developed the problem. The phone I just replaced today (the first replacement from about a year ago) had the keyboard issue right out of the gate, but since I rarely used the keyboard anyway, I dealt with it - I was getting an exchange for other reasons I don't recall at the moment.

But now, I would really like to be able to use the keyboard, as I have been texting and emailing a great deal more than I ever have in the last few months. So, I decided to see about getting a replacement. Before I left the store today with my new replacement, I told the store clerk that I wanted to test it first. Guess what... it has the same problems!

They had one of their technicians fart around on it, and I can't imagine what the hell he was doing. He would fiddle with it, hand it back to me to try, and I would hand it back to him with the same results. This went on for about 20 minutes before he gave up and said that he would order another replacement tomorrow. I wonder how many times I am going to have to go through this before they realize that they will probably have to upgrade my phone.

Speaking of which - what is the general procedure of this? Am I better off calling Sprint directly and working my way up to management to get something done? Or will the Sprint store actually be proactive and upgrade it at no cost? I mean, I've paid over $300 in insurance on this phone since I originally bought it, and it has more or less never worked right.

If they upgrade, what would they upgrade to? I read somewhere that they were offering the HTC Snap in some areas as a replacement - but that is hardly comparable with a smaller screen which isn't even a touch screen. I would think that logically, a Touch PRO would be the next of kin - though I would even settle for a Touch Diamond if the onscreen keyboard works well. Unfortunately, my local Sprint store does not carry the Touch phones anymore, so I don't know if that upgrade would logically occur to them.

Over the years, I've tried every fix/tweak to get the slide-out keyboard to work, and have been running custom ROMS of various varieties as well, all to no avail. I am absolutely, positively convinced that it is definitely a hardware issue.

Well, good luck to the original poster of this thread. Let us know how it goes. I will report back as well as to my progress once some occurs!