View Single Post
Old 10-29-2009, 09:27 PM
zim2323
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

zim2323 is keeping up the good workzim2323 is keeping up the good workzim2323 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: What software and tweaks break the TP2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by clueless25 View Post
IM+ v7.0.1 -

In the mean time, Palringo v2 works great.

Not on my verizon tp2 Palringo didn't. Everytime I booted up the phone it would try and reinstall itsself. Now that I uninstalled it I am getting an error in reference to the program on bootup.

I personally dont recomend Palringo v2 at all.

Another program I had problems with was the spb shell 3.5. lost auto download of mail. None downloaded for 2 days nor would it. Screwed with the async. Also left me with no way to check if mail settings were still set properly or any ability to change them. They offer the weather program along with it, however only half the program worked. Upon uninstall but leaving the weather program loaded weather program now works as it should. Also upon unstall I have lost my start menu when turing off flo. Whoops! Task manager would also say an error however it was functional. It also added cities all over the globe which could not be removed and again with the mail issue, no send/receive button since it refused to do anything. 3dviewer set as default didn't fundtion properly. Bummer on the program. some things were neet for quick access. Another quirk they have is, ok we have a contacts button on bottom bar, but in their grouped icons for professional layout you were unable to remove that one. and NO quick access to make a phone call. You have to add the widget to the screen. Dam. and last but not least. It ATE Battery power like you wouldn't beleive.

If what you have found to be true between verizon & sprint, Seems spb needs to go back to the drawing board.

If you have been able to reproduce issues, please post and I will update the list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zim2323 View Post
This is my list of what currently does not work on the TP2, causes stability issues, etc. For all you guys wondering why certain things don't work, READ THIS!!!

I had both the Verizon and Sprint TP2's for about a week while switching carriers. Tweaks that work for one don't always work for the other. Proof of this is that Verizon and Sprint each take a different tweak to disable SMS Sent notifications.
Sounds to me like you need to do a hard reset of the phone. I personally, along with several other people I know on TP2 are using v2 with no problems. That being said, there are issues for different people for both versions. At that point, this is a problem with the app, NOT something that breaks the phone or causes default functions of the phone to not work. Please see their support forums to reference their software bugs.