BeanAnimal
PPCGeeks Regular

BeanAnimal is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch pro2 discontinued???

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg72 View Post
I returned a TP2 because I was having power issues. I got shipped the Imagio. When I called VZW they told me the same thing, that they wouldn't be stocking it any more. I'm not saying what they said is true but my point is, the guy on the other end of the line had nothing to gain in commision sales. He's not going to sell me a new phone, it IS a new phone. That whole line of logic makes no sense at all. I'll stick with the Imagio for another week call and if there are TP2's available somehow I'll get one, if not, I'd be happy with the new Droid.
Of course it makes sense. The customer service staff at VZW is as prone to spreading rumors as the people on this forum, maybe even more prone. It only takes a few nitwits on a team to set the ball in motion for the rest of the team. Misinformation spreads like a disease. Verizon has never been very good about disiminating information to its huge poorly informed staff.

99% of the people you talk to have no idea what Direct Push with ActiveSync and Exchange is. In almost ALL cases they think you need to use the VZW Wireless Sync and that you need to install the software that comes with the phone. I have NEVER been into a store where ANY of the sales or tech people understand ActiveSync and Exchange. Only Data Services understands it, and even then only a handfull of people are informed.

Almost 100% of the people at the VZW will tell a customer that a BB will work with Exchange Server... it is astonishing how poorly informed they are. VZW could care less, you WILL buy one phone or another and at this point they care about BB more than anything.

Over and over this nonsense churns.... THE TP2 IS NOT DISCONTINUED...

Last edited by BeanAnimal; 10-29-2009 at 07:54 PM.