willieg3
Lurker

willieg3 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch pro2 discontinued???

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpnjoeyz View Post
There just simply has to be a reason why there aren't any available. I heard that Verizon wasn't expecting any in until after the new year. You can purchase one at Sprint but most stores don't have them and you still have to get them at the online store. Verizon is going to be releasing a number of new phones prior to the new year and maybe they were just looking past the Touch Pro 2 because of the Touch Pro's bad sales. Who knows...but there is definately and underlying reason.

I think its definately based on demand. I tried buying it back at the end of September when they first sold out, and had to wait until about 2 weeks ago to purchase mine. They received 1200 units and within less than 2 days sold out. Someone earlier brought up a good point & i agree. HTC just released this phone to 4 different carriers within a matter of 2 months, and they are having a hard time keeping up with the demand. Each unit has its own design, so they have to mass produce 4 different models. AT&T just released theirs and waited for Windows 6.5. If I were a betting man I'd say that Verizon is out of stock now because they are planning on flashing the newer TP2s with 6.5 so they are in stock for the holidays.