maedhros
PPCGeeks Regular

maedhros is keeping up the good workmaedhros is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Unlocker finally releasing

Quote:
Originally Posted by bishop0114 View Post
I think people are willing to wait the needed time it takes to get the release. I think that although it drastically changes the dynamics, people are willing to pay the money being asked. I also think it raises the bar on expectations.

So with all that being said, here is my thoughts on the subject.

The problem as I see it is in the execution and not the time, cost or product. For weeks we have been baited along that the release of the unlocker is just around the corner. We have been told it is in the final stage or complete and just a day or two away...

As an IS manager, I know how upset people can be when you promise a delivery and have to change the release date. Diplomacy and a level of delicacy is always necessary.

Repeated promises and delays that get peoples hopes up and then let down will eventually leave negative impressions and may make people feel there may be an enjoyment for the power of theatrics.

Combine those already brewing negative feelings with the censorship and fear of being banned, you wind up with a very unhappy crowd.

The final outcome will nevertheless be the same; eventually there will be a released product and people will be grateful for it. The difference is how people feel about the negative trip the delivery took.

If I had a developer on my staff that pulled the theatrics and then censorship, I would likely not employ them long. The negative feelings elicited from the process would quickly outweigh the positive release of the product.
GREAT POST!

Censorship and ban fear on this forum has raised greatly due to the Elite team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dee91 View Post
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

hahahahahaha...lol but on a serious not +1 think the policies should have been like touch pro, felt like a real community.. just now with the release of the tp2 tons more people r around and although in the past the hspl was put out to further advance performance and many other things in wm now it looks like its become a regular program that is sold in wmsoftware sites at 20$ as apposed to a tool for wich to increase development (although i do understand that they dont want mass unlocking and the reasons etc) i FEEL it will cause jealosy as to who can start charging for their work (wich in theory they have a right to) but the sideeffects may include 15$ for psyki rom 17.50$ for mightyrom or 10.00$ silent rom etc.etc. the point is it will turn into the software development business... and will deeply ruin the atmosphere and purpose of ppcgeeks and xda-developers etc as apposed to a hobby and fun thing tweaking finding and fixing registries and kitchen building etc...

just my FEELINGS for the poll

I agree with the jealousy thing. I predict freeware development falling rapidly. Not saying its due to the elite team, but...