View Single Post
Old 10-29-2009, 01:16 PM
blazinazn
Halfway to VIP Status

blazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to blazinazn
Re: will they just admit it

Good luck trying to convince other people they are wrong But I hear what you are saying though. One of the bigggest appeals to switching to a windows mobile phone was the ability to customize anything and everything. This site has been great in helping me do that. But I'm at the point where I don't really have the time nor energy to read through posts like I used to and tweak my phone just the way I want it.

I'd rather have something I can pull out of the box and use from day one without having to do some registry edit to increase the screen sensitivity or running a cab to improve the call quality on the phone. I shouldn't need to hard reset a device once I get it to make sure everything is set to go before I start tweaking. I just dropped a lot of money on a phone and I just want it to work.

To the average cellphone consumer, they haven't the slightest clue what their windows mobile COULD be because they aren't geekers like most of the people who visit this site. They don't know how to unlock their phone and flash new ROMs or use PHM Regedit or Total Commander to edit the registry and drag and drop different files to achieve it's fullest potential.

That's why I think a lot of people like blackberries and iphones. From the get go, out of the box, no hacking is necessary for it to work as it SHOULD. You can customize it however you want but being a "geeker" isn't necessary.

Personally, I'm done fiddling around with my phone to make it work like it should. Which means I'm done with WM phones for now. I hate how the Iphone is so overpriced and the plans are ridiculous. I'm perfectly happy with my service with sprint so I'm waiting on an android phone. Right now I'm debating on the Hero or the moment. I don't doubt that there will be issues with either phone but I'm hoping I won't need to do much tweaking to get it to work right.