View Single Post
Old 10-26-2009, 04:44 PM
b727pilot
PPCGeeks Regular

b727pilot is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) ** | Oct 25th | Manila 2.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmoreau View Post
I had the freeze up overnight several times. I noticed that every time it froze I had battery on fast charge (in utilities/tweaks). I've been keeping the 900ma charge mode off and it has not done it. After a couple weeks of no lockups, I tried the fast charge overnight again and sure enough it was locked up solid in the morning. Fast charge may possibly be running the phone in an over-voltage situation which is causing hardware problems.

I kind of ran my own test on the lock-up issues after charging overnight. I haven't had a lock-up issue until last night. Here is what I think might be happening.

Before switching to Energy's ROM I had issues all the time with lock-ups. What was happening is I would place the phone on the charger before bed with the battery almost drained (horible battery life until Energy so I always ended the day with 5-10% remaining on the battery). So with the battery almost dead I would have a lock-up about 80% of the time if I charged overnight with the battery below 10% charge remaining.

Once I upgraded to Energy my battery life has been great. I put the phone on the charger at night with little more then 20% remaining on the charge. No lock-up issues at all. Now yesterday I talked and surfed a lot and when I put the phone on the charger last night it had 5% remaining on the battery indicator. Sure as sh*t it locked up for the first time in 3 months using Energy Rom's.

So long story longer, I wonder if it has more to do with the amount of charge remaining when you plug it in at night. I agree you're right with the fast charge enabled and the heat issue but it has always been enabled for me and I never had a problem until last night when I left it charging with such a low battery remaining.

Just a thought from a semi-NOOB.

Let me know what you think.

-T