View Single Post
Old 11-20-2007, 04:12 AM
bunvilla
PPCGeeks Regular

bunvilla is keeping up the good workbunvilla is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
here is how u get the code to unlock the phone to set it up with another carrier but i havent found a way yet to delete the stuff in the extrom/ thats a different issue /hope this helps

HOW TO GET YOUR SPC or MLS CODE from a QWEST/SPRINT 6800 MOGUL easily
Found the post at ppcgeeks which worked excellent for me in getting my spc or mls code

Someone want to verify a different way to get MSL?
I was playing about with my Sprint Mogul and found a couple of ways to get your MSL... They basically both get it the same way, just take different routes to get there.

Two different ways to get MSL:

Method A:

* Change the following registry entries in:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HTC\ATDbgLog
Enable: 1
LogMode: 1
* Wait a reasonable amount of time and soft-reset (I have noticed that it seems to take longer for this value to take affect, so if you reboot and the registry values are not changed, then you need to do it again and wait longer)
* Check to see that the file \Temp\ATDbg0.txt has been created.
* Return the values back to what they were (most likely 0) waiting the same amount of time as above.
* Look in the ATDbg0.txt file and you should see a log of commands sent to the CDMA radio and there should be something like this somewhere in the file:

Code:

11:9:3 Tx:AT+HTC_RMSL=0\r
11:9:3 Rx:+HTC_RMSL: 354201\r\n0\r
11:9:3 Tx:AT+HTC_ROTKSL=0\r
11:9:3 Rx:+HTC_ROTKSL: 216112\r\n0\r

* The numbers next to the Rx: +HTC_RMSL line should be your MSL... I do not know what the ROTKSL is for, but included it in the snippet incase someone knows.

Method B:

* Start your favorite pocket-pc terminal program (like pocketPutty - http://www.pocketputty.net/)
* Connect to com9 (Putty used default speed of 9600)
* type in AT+HTC_RMSL=0 and hit enter, your MSL will be displayed.
* Soft reset to restore phone functionality

Let me know if it works for you...

Thanks,

Geoff

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
THE FIRST OPTION WORKED EXCELLENT and i didnt have to install anything or take a chance of messing my phone up.
this rocks thought i would share it/ I CANT TAKE CREDIT FOR IT got it from ppcgeeks

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthrea...9&highlight=spc
This post has been thanked 13 times.