View Single Post
Old 10-24-2009, 03:41 AM
rolgnav
N00b

rolgnav is keeping up the good workrolgnav is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Anyone else losing faith?

If licensing is the issue, then that's pretty sad. Is that what this world is coming to? Wouldn't licensing be in the gray area of legality? I mean sure, I don't mind donating, but if you're going to require a set amount of "donation" and also limit how many times I can use it. Then it's obviously not donationware. I'd rather you just say "Hi, I'm selling a Touch Pro 2 Unlocker" and I wouldn't feel uneasy about you making 15grand.

This kinda changes the meaning of "helping out the community" into "making people think we're helping the community when we're actually helping ourselves." I hope you people who will make a huge profit from this, will at least give something to PPCGeeks, since we're using PPCGeeks' resources to basically launch your product. If not, shame on you, I hope the IRS, HTC, Microsoft lawyers come looking for you.

And for those who question if I've even helped the community enough to say anything about it, well, I have released a few custom roms, also I have put together a few packages and even developed a google voice application that I shared. Not much but every little bit we can do to help, we should. Not once have I asked for donations, and many times I have turned down donations. Not saying anything is wrong with donations but again, what is the actual definition of a "donation" ?
This post has been thanked 3 times.