View Single Post
Old 10-23-2009, 11:58 PM
xenokira
PPCGeeks Regular

xenokira is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

I'm really glad I saw this thread! Last week, my TP started this fancy new thing where instead of vibrating, it makes an awful, loud rattling noise. This morning I finally had a chance to flash my phone back to stock (new Sprint ROM for good measure), relock it, and take my phone into my local Sprint repair shop. Once there, I explained this new problem and another problem I've had since I got the phone last November (brown circles intermittently appearing on the LCD). The customer service rep then took my phone back to the technician.

After a couple minutes, she came back and explained the technician was checking to see if he could fix the phone and if not, which phone it could be a replacement. Even knowing about the WEL list, I decided not to bring it up. Instead, I played dumb and asked if I would be given an option for the replacement, if my phone indeed needed replacement. She responded with showing me the HTC Snap and explained that it is also a Windows Mobile device, except it doesn't have a touch screen. Exhibiting disappointment, I explained that I really enjoy the touch screen, so I asked about the Touch Pro 2. She said, "that might be an option. I'll let you know what the technician finds out," and said it shouldn't be too much more of a wait.

Another few minutes went by and she came back. This time she brought my phone back to me and explained that it does need to be replaced, but they would have to order it. She explained that I had "several options" for a replacement. Off the top of her head, she listed each of the phones on the WEL list, including the TP2, then asked which one I would like. I said I'd like to go with the TP2. She said OK and explained they would order it today and it should be in on Monday.

So, for the weekend I still have my ol' Touch Pro. It'll give me a little time to say good bye and play with Calkulin's newest kitchen a little bit before making the switch. I'll report back early next week when I have the phone (unless something goes awry).

Thanks for all the info in the thread