View Single Post
Old 10-22-2009, 01:40 PM
raidzero
N00b

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to raidzero
System>About Screen.. adding custom string? [SOLVED]

I have never seen this before nor did I know it was possible: (well, ANYHTING is possible..)

WM 6.5.1 build 23075 from da_g's xda thread.

This is done somewhere in SYS, not shell32.exe. it must be a modified file somewhere as there is no registry entry for this (plaintext at least), nor any plaintext in any of the SYS files. this must have been added to the source and then compiled into one of the files in SYS?? Does anyone know what file(s) controls the system>about screen? It is not in the XIP as I have changed XIPs to test.

edit: I am not trying to steal anyone's work here, I will gladly release with this in my kitchen. I am just looking to learn. It is pretty ugly though I don't know why someone would do this to something. I put my name on my stuff too but it all done in a simple EXT that can be changed by the end-user if they wanted..

Edit 2: I am talking about removing or changing the "Provided by Xda2_Haseeb" string.

he hex-edited shellres.dll.0409.mui\S000 to do this.

Last edited by raidzero; 10-23-2009 at 09:11 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.