rdm
PPCGeeks Regular

rdm is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How do you like your treo pro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdk910 View Post
With little to no 3rd party app available The Pro is like "The greatest story never told" hopefully we will recognized by palm and developers so that we can share in the same experiences that other winmo owners have. Bottom line I love my pro It looks better than a Pixi & Pre & functions better than a BB PLEASE DON'T LEAVE THE PRO IN THE DUST PALM!
It's windows mobile so it has 50 times the number of 3rd party apps compared to Pixi and Pre, which you mention.

Those would include full blown turn by turn GPS apps, full blown enterprise integration, a zillions games etc.

Also Palm did not "decide" to release the GSM unlocked at a high price, but rather does not seem to have been able to cut a deal with ATT or T-Mobile, and having moved forward with production, had to sell it unlocked.

I cannot agree that bells and whistles are missing because it is a business phone. Literally everything prior Treo users were asking for, especially the list of deficiencies on short lived 800w, for example the need for larger battery, the need for a thinner form factor, flush screen, 3.5 headphone jack, proper GPS, better audio quality were addressed in the change from the 800w tro Pro. The Pro is missing nothing. The only deficiency you will find users discussing is the screen size 320x320 2.4", which is literally the only thing that can't be improved given the form factor of a front facing full keyboard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samadam View Post
I'm a SERO user, and I just ordered a used one on ebay. Should be a good replacement for my occasionally annoying and strangely thick 800w. Wish me luck!
HTC was able to do so much better with their palm branded Treo Pro than the prior Treo 800w. They just build them better than Palm