View Single Post
Old 10-20-2009, 08:17 PM
Adrianh85
Serving the Metro DC Area

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Adrianh85 Send a message via Skype™ to Adrianh85
Post [TUT] How to offically unlock verizon tp2 sim for gsm use!! [TUT]

Wirelessly posted (AdrianH85(TP2): Opera/9.5(Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/16643; U; en) HTC_Touch_Pro2_T7379)

first off this is my first guide to do anything so excuse my format! thanks goes to Cozboogie for pulling the information from the now archived flame war going on inside the thread for the touch pro 2 hspl! i have posted this info before but it was pulled off because of everyone on the tp2 hspl thread was going off subject and it was closed!!!

if u have verizon and call 1(800)-711-8300 and hit option 2

and tell them that u need ur sim unlocked because u are going abroad

and u are not using vodaphone, they will give u the unlock code for ur phone!!

mine was a 8-digit unlock code number and it was for free with no hassle no questions ask 5 min call!!

all u need to do on ur end is goto Security and enter the code they give u! u can find Security these two ways

1. if u have tf3d on tap start>settings> All setting(soft key)> personal> Security

2. with tf3d off tap start>settings>personal>Security!!

All i did was enter the 8 digit code and it said sim unlocked so it sounds like its just locked in the

regitory based on the fact i did it via the software with no service inside the pentagon!!

the verizon verison will work on tmoblie(well voice and sms) i did try data but i dont have the data dail string for tmoblie (verizon and sprint is #777)

to activate u just sim unlock first then goto settings>commmanager> phone settings> network

then change ur mode of operation to gsm/umts only then tap find network!!

when i first put the sim into my phone i was able to get sms for the tmoblie card while still connected to the verizon network and my phone was till getting my verizon data sms and voice!! my phone was in the global mode of operation!! but when i changed to gsm only my phone picked up tmoblie and was able to make calls! will be doing more research to make data work

hope this helps someone

Here is more research that is being done on this subject by isdnmatt

some research done here for at@t data settings

feel free to DONATE its appreciated, but not required
(Yeah I stole that from Juggalo_X)

I just saved u like $10 - 20 so it would help me get my next device if u donate like $2

Last edited by Adrianh85; 02-18-2010 at 12:29 PM. Reason: i posted from phone so had to correct some things!!!
This post has been thanked 34 times.