View Single Post
Old 10-20-2009, 02:29 PM
racedog
PPCGeeks Regular

racedog is keeping up the good workracedog is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Is The Imagio Worth The Slow Browser Experience?

I've had the Imagio now for two weeks. I love the form factor. I love most everything about this phone. I have the GSM side running a TMO sim and am able to use it here at home in the USA. It has tons of things that fit my needs.

However, there is one thing that is just driving me up the wall. The browser experience on the Imagio is nothing short of a disaster. No matter whether on my office wifi or on VZW EVDO both the IE browser and Opera are painfully slow. I had the tp2 before returning it for the Imagio and it worked just fine but I hated the large form and really have no need for a keyboard. I thought I had it made with the Imagio but at this point I am ready to pack it in.

I did download Opera mini 4.2 but I don't much care for that. I hear Opera 5 is better but I haven't tried that one yet.

Has anyone found a solution to the browser issue on this phone? I would really like to keep it but every day it gets tougher to tolerate the slow browsers.

I know there have been other threads that mention this issue but I decided to start a thread just for this to see if anyone has come up with a solution. Its really my last attempt to stay with the Imagio because that is what I would like to do, but I can't do it with the way it is right now.

R