View Single Post
Old 10-19-2009, 10:00 AM
kern417
Regular 'Geeker

kern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Zagg Invisible Shield...sucks?

I installed invisible shield as soon as i purchased the phone. I didnt even get it activated until it had the shield on for 24 hours lol.

I think it's amazing. I went cheaper for my TP (Skinomi something....got it from ebay) and I didnt like it for a couple reasons. It began peeling after a month or so and the lint caught on to the edges but also the parts that peeled up, so now i had lint stuck between the film and the phone (BAAAD LOOK). It also protected the phone well, but I couldn't tell until i peeled it off. I want a protector to make the phone look like new all the time, but if it still shows scratches it doesn't help me.

As far as applying it, it went fairly well. It's VERY sticky but if you place it wrong the first time you just peel it up and try again. It's not going to slide around but if you start it in the bottom and take your time to line it up properly it will lay down straight. Most of the bubbles worked their way out the first night and by day 2 it was clear except for the top corner. I think i got a piece of lint stuck under it.

I also don't feel the stickiness on the screen. I can touch it really gently and slide easily. If i press hard with the stylus i can get the rubbery feel but i rather use light touches anyway. If i look at in at an angle i can see the orange peel look though.

My only gripe for the verizon version is that there is no protection for the screen surround...it sticks out farther that the battery cover but only the screen has a protector. From what i saw on their site, the other versions had a screen protector that wrapped around the surrounding part...