View Single Post
Old 10-17-2009, 05:25 PM
psg190
PPCGeeks Regular

psg190 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |VICT|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** || Built Sep 20 ||Manila 2.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamW View Post
Well, still having problems with 20091017, unfortunately. Rather than freezing, it now seems to like to spontaneously reset. Happened one time while I was browsing with Opera, and twice right after loading Google Maps straight after a boot.

Also, with 20091017 - not sure if it was the same with 20091014, but could have been - I noticed a more interesting location wrinkle. When Maps first starts, it gets an approximate location fix (within 800m - I guess it's off the cell tower). Then it automatically connects to GPS satellites (I get the blue connecting...searching for satellites...then it finds 8 satellites messages), and the location dot moves, becoming very precise (looks like the same accuracy I got with MightyRom and stock ROM). _But_, if I then drag the map somewhere else and then click the 'go to my location' button, it doesn't go to the very accurate, GPS-fixed location - it reverts to the approximate, cell tower location! Weird.

Anyway, the resets are a rather more pressing problem...20091014 didn't seem to do that, only the complete hang thing.

What's everyone else's experience?

edit: I should note I followed Proper Flashing Procedure - each time I hard reset, flash back to stock Telus ROM, hard reset, flash to new ROM, hard reset.
I haven't run Google Maps yet, but I have had zero freezing or reboot issues.