View Single Post
Old 10-17-2009, 01:44 PM
gobmonster
Halfway to VIP Status

gobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Who loves his/her HTC TOUCH PRO 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by riphamilton View Post
mine's going on fleabay (sprint). i did the same thing with the touch pro when that came out last year. it looks like i'm going to hard reset my mogul and just pretend i have a new phone for yet another year; i simply need a d-pad and the other hard buttons that the mogul has so i can reach into my pocket and change songs, etc.

i want a new phone. i really, really do. if you think i'm hating on the TP2 for whatever reason, that's not the case. i just wish the powers that be at htc would be less focused on imitating the iphone approach of fewer buttons mixed with a sexy interface and instead blend good hardware with functional/intuitive software.
I understand the need for a dpad, but there are options for that. Over at xda theres a small program that allows you to remap ALL THE BUTTONS on your device. Every key, powerbutton, even the mute button on the back lol.

So far, im in love with this phone, but all love can be short lived right? My biggest gripe is actually the keyboard, i wouldve like a larger amount of feed back per press. Its not that im inaccurate wit the thing, im getting used to the lay out pretty quickly, but i wouldve liked some more click with the presses.

I might be satisfied with a simple keyboard vibrate on press program... But otherwise, im liking this phone. I also like that it handles video slightly better than the pro 1. Its not a large improvement, but it noticeable. The processors might be the same speed, but i can notice that they arent the same chip (7200 vs 7600 i think). Overall, its a marginal upgrade, but worth it. Heck, the screen size alone is a huge upgrade, no more tiny text!