View Single Post
Old 10-17-2009, 12:37 AM
itsachirpthing
PPCGeeks Regular

itsachirpthing is keeping up the good workitsachirpthing is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How to get iGo8 run on TP2 with TTS enable and 2009 NA Maps (step by step guide)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thongaxp View Post
I believe the US voices are of higher quality and to use them you are going to need to free up some more ram. Use the 2 cab files in the following link to free up the needed ram. I had the same issue and had to do this on a pretty stock tp2 to get it to work. You'll lose push internet in the process but with the fast download speeds 3g offers its a worthy trade off. Also, consider getting HTC addicts Cleanram and running it before starting up the gps or doing a soft reset.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=85996

GL

I have a custom mort script that will turn off TF3D, run CleanRam (I have custom process enabled to exit Opera and Tmail within CleanRam), then run Igo8. Once you are finished with Igo and you exit, TF3D will restart. This took some testing, but this works everytime with the high quality TTS voices. I have had no issues. I have posted the code below, this will work on your device providing that you install CleanRam to your "device" and your IGo program is listed as "\storage card\iGO8\igo8.exe". These HQ TTS voice issues baffled me for months, but now they work consistently without a soft reset.

Again this code will stop TF3D, Run CleanRam, Start Igo... then when you exit iGo it will restart TF3D.

manilastate=ProcExists("manila.exe")
If (manilastate)
Kill("biotouch.exe")
RegWriteDword ("HKLM","Software\Microsoft\Today\Items\TouchFL O 3D","Enabled",0)
RedrawToday
endif
RunWait("\program files\htcaddicts cleanram\htcaddicts_cleanram.exe")
RunWait("\storage card\iGO8\igo8.exe")
Sleep(5000)
Kill("Repllog.exe")
While ( ProcExists("igo8.exe") )
IdleTimerReset
Sleep(500)
EndWhile
If (manilastate)
RegWriteDword ("HKLM","Software\Microsoft\Today\Items\TouchFL O 3D","Enabled",1)
RedrawToday
Run("\windows\biotouch.exe")
endif

I have attached the script to run with mort script. I hope others can benfit as well. Good luck and enjoy!
Attached Files
File Type: mscr iGo.mscr (563 Bytes, 69 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by itsachirpthing; 10-17-2009 at 12:39 AM. Reason: Oops forgot to attach script
This post has been thanked 5 times.