View Single Post
Old 10-16-2009, 05:22 PM
Jackietreehorn
PPCGeeks Regular

Jackietreehorn is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

Ok, so, frustrated.

I'm on my fifth pro since August, and have had it in three times in the past two days. Yesterday morning they replaced the keyboard and confirmed that it was way too warm for doing essentially nothing, so they replaced the battery (offered a BB or Snap before they even looked at it, declined as these are both downgrades for me). This is all fine by me until, two hours later, the exact same things are happening (keyboard only working 1/2 the time, phone very hot in pocket with nothing running). Take it to another store, they test it for well over an hour and tell me there's nothing wrong at all (which I can't entirely fault them for, the keyboard DOES work sometimes).

Well, today I wake up and it locked up overnight while charging and discharged the entire battery. I get it charging again, and when I take it off the charger to make a call, keyboard is completely dead (doesn't even light up), and it's stuck in landscape mode, in addition to being not just warm, but hot.

So, take it in again, and a little over an hour later, the keyboard is fixed and it again works in portrait. Tech did verify that it was out and out hot when it came in, and warmed while being worked on, but says that it's not a replaceable issue (which I'd even been inclined to agree with if it wasn't freezing up and not charging because of it).

Home now, and the keyboard has only worked on 4 of the 5 texts I've gone to send. /sigh

I don't want another refurb TP (went through three of them in a combined four days), I just want something that works. If my TP would behave and work, I'd even be ok with that, but of course ideally I'd like a TP2.

Ugh, ok, now that I've vented...

Also, maybe this is a stupid question, but how can you tell if it's third party or corporate (on the website or what?)