View Single Post
Old 11-17-2007, 11:31 AM
schettj
morsus mihi
Threadstarter

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ?GotJazz? View Post
OK, now I'm gettin' really pizzed!

I just built a "My cupboard is bare" Kitchen with nothing but the dotFred Registry Editor and acb PowerMeter.

I hard reset my XV6700, and after it booted up, the first thing I ran was acb PowerMeter. I let it run to idle (with backlight off), and I still saw my lowest draw at 47 mA.

What the heck did you do to get your power that low, schettj? Sneak a Zero-Point Module power source into your Apache while no one was looking?
Yep, I am measuring the dead idle draw - CPU on, screen OFF (you can do that using any number of utilities) to get under 30ma. The 47 is typical (and good) for idle screen on, backlight off. Add those power mgmt reg tweaks and it should be in the low 30s. 10ma makes a difference over a whole day!

I can tell you one fact - forgot to put mine in flight mode @ the gym - a bunker of a place @ work with no signal - and in 1 hour of "searching..." it dropped 20%.