View Single Post
Old 10-16-2009, 03:42 PM
omnicronx
Regular 'Geeker

omnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ 10-13 ][ v4 ][ 6.5.1 / 6.5 / 6.1 ] Calkulin's Visual HTC Kitchen & ROMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingArthur
Is there anything I can do about the Tachi dialer being slow to dial and hang up?

It seems I have to press and hold the talk button for the phone to start dialing, then when I hit the end key...it takes a few seconds to hang up.

How can I make it faster?

Same here. Very annoying dialer/hangup (6.5.1/23064). Also seen this problem on the previous build prior to 23064.
Nothing to do with the build.. its just the dialer.. Personally I stopped using it as other rhodium dialer ports have appeared lately. amarullz down at XDA has an almost completely working port (including video call and conference call, although cdma devices have no camera for video call). He even released a patch to play nice with the new builds. Only problem is you cannot use previous skins made for the tachi port. Its not totally done yet, but at least the main functionality is there. (the swipe down canvas does not work yet for example, but it is responsive and has no dial/close dialer delays, can't tell you how many times I had to soft reset because of the tachi dialer)

try it out, you may like it..

cab install
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...99076&page=211

update to phcanvga.exe (which is the loader for the dialer) for 23017+ builds.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...99076&page=217

edit: most importantly i noticed that this dialer does not make you press send twice to dial a number like tachi would half the time.(my biggest problem with tachi)

Last edited by omnicronx; 10-16-2009 at 03:48 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.