View Single Post
Old 11-17-2007, 10:19 AM
sfaure03
Regular 'Geeker

sfaure03 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Drivers and dll's are interrelatted. one calls another. If they dont match close enough they dont work well, and a poor matchup can cause real issues. The drivers in question can, so far, only be used on a couple versions of teh rest of the os. So its easier to "control" the test by making a single rom solution

These drivers are integrated in as modules. Modules have a slight performance gain.. We are working on something very "time sensitive" and have an "opinion" that we may be making it all worse if we pushed these "modules" into seperate dll's and chasing more issues. We also, are strongly coming to the conclusion that it's really not the bt drivers at all, but is a power/sleep/state configuration. Remember that the released rom's fix was to address two "major" issues. 1. blue tooth low quality. 2. Alarms not going off when the phone was sleeping.

I'm strongly leaning towards its the alarm fix we need to back out {no2's idea on his thread, but I believe he's onto something}. However the question is "how" to do that.

In the mean time it seems to be a tradeoff. You want bluetooth to work well all the time? Keep you phone out of any kind of sleep state and it will be pretty good, but you're battery life is going through the crapper...

I actually dont think the solution we've been trying on this thread makes much of a difference at all. Once we load a rom, we all keep a close eye on the stack to be sure it works. This tickles the phone to keep out of its deep sleeps. so it seems to work better. We then relax and leave it alone, and presto the problem is back. Thats made worse by its not "everytime" that the phone has an issue either.

Anyway, my "train of conciousness" for the morning. Off to high-school football game, its finals time..