View Single Post
Old 10-16-2009, 01:04 PM
tarp21
N00b

tarp21 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Solution on delay answer when data on (no hard reset needed!)

I have a sprint touch pro and I still use Diamond Tweak to edit some things and leave others alone. I found that in the "ring time" category there is ring with delay and ring without delay (advised) I select ring without delay and seems to help receive calls quicker.
There are other threads on this next subject but can't seem to find any at the moment. Also with sprint, get your phone's MSL number (just call sprint, they will give it to you) then dial ##778#, click edit, enter your code without the # signs (just the numbers). Then go to modem settings and change the slot index key to 0 or 1 whichever you prefer. Default is 2 which searches for the tower about every 5 seconds. Changing to 1 will search tower for 2.5 sec. I have mine personally set on 0 as I want it searching the quickest. My phone rings after two rings versus 3-4 taking the chance the call will go to voicemail. Does run the battery some...but I don't miss calls now when running data connection and rings much, much quicker. Was having the same problems pushing answer button as others had because I changed some settings with advanced config but changed the registry with #777 and cachetime to 60 and I get all my calls, even when pushing answer button on data connection! Data connection is always active still, but then I just disable it when I think about ie. after receiving emails, surfing etc. Hope this helps.